TESTivity Arizona Insurance License Test Preparation FAQs

How do I schedule my Insurance or Securities Licensing exam? 

To schedule any of the following Insurance Licensing Exams contact Tomson Prometric at 800-853-5448 or www.prometric.com

13-31 Arizona Producer's Life Insurance Exam
13-32 Arizona Producer's Accident and Health or Sickness Insurance Exam
13-33 Arizona Producer's Life, Accident and Health or Sickness Insurance Exam
13-34 Arizona Producer's Property and Casualty Insurance Exam
13-35 Arizona Agent's Bail Bond Exam
13-36 Arizona Adjuster's Property and Casualty Insurance Exam
13-41 Arizona Broker's Surplus Lines Insurance Exam
13-42 Arizona Producer's Property Insurance Exam
13-43 Arizona Producer's Casualty Insurance Exam
13-44 Arizona Producer's Personal Lines Insurance Exam
13-45 Arizona Producer's Credit Insurance Exam

Tomson Prometric has insurance testing locations in Phoenix, Tempe, Casa Grande, Tucson, and Flagstaff.  Test times are available Monday through Saturday at various start times throughout the day.

To schedule any of the following Securities Licensing Exams contact either Pearson at 866-396-6273 or Thomson Prometric at 800-578-6273.  

NASD Series 6 
NASD Series 7
NASD Series 9
NASD Series 10
NASD Series 24
NASD Series 26
NASD Series 62
NASAA Series 63
NASAA Series 65
NASAA Series 66

Pearson has testing centers in Mesa, Phoenix, and Tucson.  Thomson Prometric has testing centers in Goodyear, Phoenix, Tempe, Tucson and Flagstaff.   Test times are available Monday through Saturday at various start times throughout the day.

What dates are you available for “onsite classes”?

We are extremely flexible; we will come to you at a date and time that is convenient for you and your employees. LATITUDE’s instructors will conduct a full prep course or one that is customized to suit your needs in the convenience of your office.

How many questions are going to be on my exam and what is the passing score?

Arizona Life & Health 150 questions, 2 1/2-hour time limit, 70% passing score 
Arizona Credit Producer 60 questions, 1- hour time limit, 70% passing score 
Arizona Property & Casualty 150 questions, 2 1/2-hour time limit, 70% passing score 
Series 6 100 questions, 2 1/4-minute time limit, 70% passing score 
Series 63 60 questions, 1 1/4-minute time limit, 70% passing score 
Series 65 130 questions, 3-hour time limit, 68.5% passing score 
Series 66 100 questions, 2 1/2-hour time limit, 71% passing score 
Series 7 250 questions, 6-hour time limit, 70% passing score 
Series 24 150 questions, 3 1/2- hour time limit, 70% passing score 

Can you do my fingerprints for my license?

No.  LATITUDE is not in the fingerprinting business.  When you schedule your exam, notify them that you will need a fingerprint card.  For an additional fee, they will fingerprint you at the testing center.

How do I purchase materials and/or register for the Virtual Learning Experience?

Click the Sign Up link on the menu bar in the upper right of this page.

What are the minimum system requirements to use the TESTivity Virtual Learning Experience?

A HIGH SPEED Internet connection

Web browser:

Google Chrome

Internet Explorer 7+

Firefox 2+

Safari on Mac 1.2+

Javascript and Cookies enabled

Flash Player 9+

While not a requirement the Virtual Learning Experience best viewed using a minimum screen resolution of 1024×768

How do I obtain my material?

Virtual products will be available immediately after purchase.  Physical materials are mailed USPS Priority.

Does the State of Arizona require that I attend a class prior to taking my exam?

No. The TESTivity Virtual Learning Experience or TESTivity Physical Home study material is all you need!  No classroom requirement!

How long will I have access to the TESTivity Virtual Learning Experience?

All virtual products sold via this website have a subscription of 60 calendar days.

Where do I go and what do I need to obtain my license?

Once you have passed your exam, you may apply for your license through the Arizona Department of Insurance at 2910 N. 44th Street, Suite 210 (602) 912-8470. 

They will require the following:

  • Completed license application

  • Fingerprints (unless you already have an Arizona insurance license in another line.)

  • Licensing fee (check or cash only. $144 for first time applicants, $120 if adding another line.)

  • Picture ID

How do I get an Arizona Insurance License?

  • Must be 18 years of age or older.

  • Must have a Social Security Number.

  • Must be a resident of Arizona.

  • Must take and pass any applicable licensing examination. Contact Prometric.

  • Submit an application and appropriate licensing fees online at SIRCON.

  • All initial resident license applicants must be fingerprinted.

  • Must meet character requirements under Arizona Revised Statutes ("ARS") § 20–295.

How do I get a Non-Resident License?

  • Must be licensed in good standing in home state for all lines for which you are applying.

  • Submit an application and appropriate licensing fees online at SIRCON or NIPR.

Can I apply for a Non-Resident License on-line?

Yes. You can online at SIRCON or NIPR.

How long is a Arizona license valid, when do I have to renew?

For individual licenses, the department has converted to a birth month renewal system. Individual licensees will be required to renew their licenses by the end of their birth month that falls on or after the date of issuance or previously scheduled renewal date. This may result in their renewing anywhere from 36  to 47 months from their issue date or latest renewal date. Once converted, renewals will then continue to be every four years at the end of the licensee's birth month.

I want to license my agency. Do I have to keep my individual license? Why do I need both?

Yes, because an agency may only operate through a licensed natural person. In order for an agency to function it must have a licensed individual to act on behalf of the agency.

Is an appointment with an insurer or designation with an agency required in order to obtain/hold a license?

No. Appointments and/or designations are not required to obtain or maintain an insurance license. However, the producer is not able to sell, solicit, negotiate or bind insurance without either an appointment or designation.

Can an agency license remain active if there are no licensed individuals designated to that license?

The agency license may remain active, however the agency may not operate (sell, solicit, or negotiate) unless a licensed individual is designated to the agency.

Can an individual be designated to more than one agency or appointed to more than one insurer at a time?

Yes. Individuals may be designated or appointed to as many agencies and insurers as they would like.

Can an individual who holds a full lines license sell credit insurance?

Yes. A holder of any of the full lines (Life, Health, P/C) can sell any credit insurance applicable to the full line license that is held.

Is an agent required to notify the department of an address change, and if so, how long does the agent have to notify the department of the change?

All address changes are required to be reported to the department within 30 days of the change. This includes home, business and mailing addresses, as well as phone numbers. All changes should be completed electronically through SIRCON or NIPR and must be done by the license holder only. This applies to both individuals and agencies.

Individuals should note that when changing a mailing or business address, it is permissible to use ones residence address, but that information will become public information. Whenever possible, the producer should use his business address as his mailing address. Business addresses, phone numbers, and fax numbers are public information, but residence information is not disclosed to anyone.

How long are test scores valid after passing the exam?

Test scores are valid for 120 after passing the exam. After 120 days the exam is no longer valid and must be re-taken.

After I submit my license application and test scores how can I verify the status of my license application?

You may use the link on the AZ Dept of Insurance website http://az.gov/app/doilookup/ProfessionalSearch When you license has been processed it will appear there. The website is updated frequently throughout the day. License application status can also be checked on the SIRCON website under the link ‘Check license renewal status’ or ‘Check license application status.’

*Once the license is approved, the license can be printed from SIRCON, using the ‘Print a license’ link.

Normal processing time is within 5-10 business days, once we have all required information.

Does a person have to be licensed to receive a commission?

Yes, they must be a licensed producer. Only those who are legally licensed and hold the same lines of authority for the type of policy sold can receive any portion of a commission from a sale of insurance. This does not prohibit the payment of an override commission to an agency or person who does not sell, solicit, or negotiate insurance in this state, unless the payment would constitute an inducement or commission rebate.

How often do I renew my insurance license?

Licenses are renewed every four years, with the exception of bail agencies, which are renewed annually. For more specific details, see the above answer to the question, "How long is a Arizona license valid?"

When does my continuing education need to be complete?

All CE should be completed before submitting the renewal application. The required CE hours must be completed prior to renewing the license. A license renewal application will be rejected if the CE requirement has not been met.

*All CE must be posted by the provider before a renewal will be processed. Time must be allowed for this process, therefore we recommend not waiting until the last minute to renew the license.

Is an Arizona resident producer required to complete continuing education if they are ONLY licensed in Arizona?


Is an agency required to have continuing education?

No. Only individuals are required to complete continuing education for license renewals.

What is the cost to renew a license?

$1,120 if the license contains either the Surplus Lines Broker authority or Mexican Insurance Surplus Lines Broker authority (because you need to pay $1,000 for the Surplus Lines Broker license plus $120 for all other license authority)


$120 (regardless of the number of lines of authority on your license) if you are not a Surplus Lines Broker or Mexican Insurance Surplus Lines Broker.

Does a producer have to re-test or be fingerprinted if his license lapses?

The producer is not required to re-test or be fingerprinted during the one-year reinstatement period. After one year, the person will have to re-apply as a new license applicant, including passing any required examination and being fingerprinted for a criminal background check.

How far back can I start using my C.E. credits?

You may start using C.E. credits completed one day after the expiration/ renewal date to count towards your next renewal. Even if you renewed the license before the expiration date, you must still wait until after the last renewal period ends before you start taking classes for the next renewal.

How do I renew my license?

Resident individuals and agencies can renew online at http://www.azinsurance.gov/producers/prod_renew_individual.html

Non-resident individuals and agencies can renew online at SIRCON or NIPR.

You will need a VISA, MasterCard, or electronic check in order to renew your license online. You can renew until 10 pm Mountain Standard Time on the renewal date.

If you have not received your renewal notice, it may be because you have failed to update your address on-line. Please be sure to update your address on the on-line renewal application.

How long after I have a change of address must it be reported to the department?

It must be reported within 30 days. Failure to notify the department of an address change may result in the licensee not receiving important notifications and can result in a penalty fee being assessed.

How can I go about changing the address on my license?

You can up use the Insurance Professional License Update System (IPLUS)

How do I request a letter of certification?

The Arizona Department of Insurance no longer requires nor issues Letters of Certification. If another state requires one, the licensee can obtain it electronically through SIRCON.

How do I get a Letter of Clearance when moving to another state?

A Letter of Clearance may requested when the resident producer is leaving the state and wishes to be licensed in another state.

At this time, clearance letter requests are not available through SIRCON or NIPR. To obtain a Letter of Clearance, visit this site http://www.azinsurance.gov/producers/prod_remain_relocatefromaz.html

How do I get a hard copy of my license?

The Arizona Insurance Department no longer mails hard copies of new, renewal, or duplicate licenses. If you would like a hard copy, you can print it yourself by going to SIRCON, and clicking on the link entitled "Print Your License."

You can print your license as soon as it has been issued. To see if a new or renewal license has been approved and issued you can either:

1) Go to SIRCON and click on "Check license application status" or "Check license renewal status"; or you can

2) Use the department's website and click on the "Search for Company & Agent" link on the home page.

What is the physical address of the Arizona Insurance Department?

The department's physical address is:

2910 N. 44th Street, Ste. 210 (2nd Floor)

Phoenix, AZ 85018-7269

What is the phone number and fax number for the Producer Licensing Division?

(602) 364-4457 or (877) 660-0964 (In Arizona but outside the Phoenix area) 

(602) 364-4460 (Fax)

What is the best way to obtain forms from the department?

License applications and forms are available on the AZ Insurance department's website at http://www.azinsurance.gov/producers/prod_resources_forms.html

Where can I obtain license verification?

The information is available free of charge under the  http://az.gov/app/doilookup/ProfessionalSearch link on the Arizona Department of Insurance page. If you are a subscriber to SIRCON or NIPR, you can get the information on their websites.

I am an adjuster in my home state, but my state does not require a license. Can I be licensed in Arizona?

Yes.  Independent and Public Adjusters are required to be licensed in Arizona.


How do I qualify for the “No pass no pay” guarantee?

To pass your exam on the 1st attempt:

1.  Complete the TESTivity Virtual Learning Experience and final exam with a cumulative score of 85% or better. (Open book...Take it as many times as you want!

2.  Take the ACTUAL EXAM within 10 days of completing the Virtual Learning Experience. (While it is still fresh in your head)

It is that simple. If you complete the Virtual Learning Experience and take the exam as soon after your course as possible YOU WILL PASS.

If you go through our process and do not pass your exam, we did not do our job. We will refund 100% of your tuition AND REIMBURSE YOUR EXAM FEE.  We only ask that you provide your course completion certificate, confirmation of a failing score and the receipt for your exam fee--post marked within 5 calendar days of failing your exam. 

 Send to: TESTivity PO BOX 910555 Saint George UT 84791. 

This is the Best Guarantee in the industry.  We will not refund a student who does not comply with the above conditions. Access to the Virtual Learning Experience will be terminated immediately when refund is issued.